Shepherd Huts at One Stop
Welcome to the huts!
Our huts are lovingly handcrafted right here in Nanyuki by us and the team.
They are based on a traditional hut design in the UK and come furnished with beautiful fittings.
Our Shepherds’ Huts offer all the joys of the great outdoors and provides a perfect base from which to explore the Mount Kenya region or, for those wishing to explore further afield, a stop off en route to spectacular Laikipia and Northern Kenya. Its also a perfect stopover for business people wanting access to the Nanyuki area whilst not having to book into a large hotel in town.
Our two Shepherds Huts are available to book year round. We are currently constructing 2 more and will also have a luxury tent available for hire with attached outdoor bathroom.
Each hut can comfortably accommodate 1 - 3 people and offers a perfect retreat with stunning views facing mystical Mt Kenya.
Luxury linens are provided including duvets, pillows and throws, and towels, loo paper and soap are provided in the bathroom.
Bathrooms with solar hot water systems together with a booster to ensure piping hot water on even the cloudiest day.
A BBQ offers the perfect spot for some outdoor cooking or marshmallow toasting and, of course, a cosy venue for star gazing under the magnificent night sky.
Meals and Dining
A fridge, kettle and toaster is available in each hut but there are also some excellent restaurants and cafes right on your doorstep.
Chestnut Cafe right here at One Stop opens from 9am - 5pm Mon to Sat and ½ days on Sundays and offers a variety of snacks. Chestnut Café – with prior arrangement – can arrange takeaway dinners and breakfasts.
Across the road at the airfield, legendary Barney’s opens from 7:20am - 7pm and offers delicious breakfasts and has a comprehensive lunch menu including a variety of pizzas and specials;
Just up the road, Soames Hotel and Jack’s Bar has a variety of excellent dishes, a stylish bar and satellite TV – with an ambience of upmarket chic in tranquil surroundings.
Useful contact numbers:
Chestnut Café : 0714 264555
Barneys: 0723 310064
Soames Hotel and Jack’s Bar : 0711 100891
Nanyuki Taxi : 0722 433423
One Stop Night Watchment : Muchemi 0704 577748/Dominic 0727 911277
One Stop Caretaker : Sammy 0724 791923
Cleaner : Helen 0710 197417
Owners : Caro 0722 207772/Ross 0722 706895
- Need more space? There's enough space for you to pitch a tent also (camping fees apply)
- Check in is from 12 pm - 8pm and check out by 10:30 .00am. Try to arrive in daylight to see your hut in all its splendour!
- The car park is just behind the huts - on entering One Stop take an immediate left and follow the road around to the right, it brings you to the Vets and the huts.
- We are also dog friendly - well behaved pooches only and don't forget to bring their baskets.
- What you need to bring: Slippers, raincoats, a gas camping stove if you don't want to use the BBQ (outside use only). Your weekend kit for adventuring - sturdy shoes, a hat and sunglasses. Your weekend kit for relaxing - a good book!
- Food: if you don't want to eat out we suggest, cold meats, cheese and wine! Remember cooking facilities are limited.
- Please leave any valuables locked in your car rather than in the huts. Although we provide ample security, we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to property in the huts.
- Please be respectful of our little huts, treat them well so they will be a pleasure for others for many years to come. Please be careful with your keys, remember to lock up after you and hand them in when you check out.
These huts are new and indeed a novel idea. We love feedback - please do let us know if you have any comments. We have a Facebook page, website and an Instagram account for One Stop Nanyuki.
Please help us if you have time by rating us.
We hope you enjoy your stay with us and please don't hesitate to call us should you have any questions.
Introductory Rates - Bramble hut
Double 6,000 ksh
Single 4,000 ksh
Extra bed 1,000 ksh (available in the double huts only)
With prior arrangement our Tents can be put up at extra overflow area 2000 ksh per person - min 2 pax or bring your own 500 ksh per person subject to availability.